2016年2月27日星期六

Review

Review of Once on This Island 
In a word, this musical is awesome!! I love it very much!!
 And I must list my favorite actors here: 
The first one is Papa Ge. She is the god of death and she wears a black dress with a magic stick. She is strong and powerful. When she laughs licentiously, I cannot help cheering for her. I can feel the different charm from her. She is trying her best to make audiences feel that she is a cruel and cold-blood god, which shows by the way she walks and her intonation. And she does a really good job. I think many audiences will not forget her after the play. 
Then, Agwe and Asaka. They are the gods of water and the earth. They are really good at singing. I like their voices so much!! They make the water and the earth god seem really gentle, nice and warm-hearted. Unless they are that kind of people in the real life, or they cannot act so that perfect.
 As well as the Guard of the Gates. John did a good job. His tongue is mean and strong. And the volume of his voice is very loud. That makes him become very dignified. His altitude towards peasants is rude that I can clearly see the personality of the character he acts. Although he does not have too many lines, I cannot forget him after I saw this wonderful play. 
 Everybody is awesome, and I do not know how to describe them.
I have not seen any musical before, so that this is my first time. It was impressive. I really like they kind of tell the whole story by singing. This form of play makes me feel interesting and relax. Besides, the songs in the musical are wonderful. Some are romantic, some are sad, some are enthusiastic, some are soft. They are letting the characters different emotions. I moved a lot. 
The story is about a peasant girl who was adopted by a couple after the disaster. They are poor but happy. And with the blasé of the gods, they lead a happy life. One day, she falls in love with a rich guy suddenly and she saves that man in a car accident. She takes care of him carefully. When the man returns to the city, Ti Moune chooses to go for him instead of listening to her parents. After a long journey, she finds him, but he has already been decided to marry with another rich woman, and this marriage cannot be changed. However, Ti Moune does not give up. She waits outside the gate of the rich man’s house for 2 weeks. Finally, she dies on the day which the rich man marries the wealthy woman. 
 Actually, I do not completely understand this story. And why they tell this story to audiences? Do they want to tell people do not try to climb up because everyone has their self-identify. Different people cannot be together. Their fates has already been decided when they were born. But I do not think so because gods help Ti Moune when they heard her pray, so that means we should go for love, and we find our dream lives by ourselves. But the ending makes me really confused. Do they want to tell people that we should listen to what our parents say because they are good for us? In the story, Ti Moune does not listen to her parents no matter what they say, and then she dies because of her own choice.  
  

没有评论:

发表评论