2015年10月14日星期三

About Author:

Korean is Choi's native language.  She said, "I now have two countries, my native country of Korea, and my adopted country, the United States. Through my writing, I want to bring to life the history and culture of Korea to share with all my American friends."Choi writes about her own experiences as a young refugee from North Korea during the Korean War through her heroines in her books.

The themes of her books are communism, freedom, international politics, and interaction among nations. They can be used to teach about socio-geopolitical events and historical realities of Asian nations, including how big powers affect the fate of small nations.


Year of the Impossible Goodbyes. New York: Dell, 1991, Echoes of the White Giraffe, Houghton Mifflin, 1993
Halmoni and the Picnic, Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 1993
Gathering of Pearls, Houghton Mifflin, 1994
The Best Older Sister, Delacorte Books for Young Readers, 1997
Yunmi and Halmoni's Trip, Houghton Mifflin, 1997

没有评论:

发表评论